Barbour Wax Thornproof Dressing
The Barbour wax thornproof dressing is suitable for all Barbour waxed cotton.
Barbour thornproof wax dressing is an ideal way of making your Barbour coat last a lifetime. Regular re-proofing with Barbour Wax Thornproof Dressing is essential to ensure you get a long lasting finish. 200ml Tin. It can be used to strengthen worn areas, or can be used to re-proof a whole jacket.
The dressing is made using the same formula as used when making Barbour fabrics.
Keeping your coat protected will help protect the jacket and ensure that it as a long life. The dressing can be used on parts of the coat of can be used to re-proof the entire coat.
Applying Your Barbour Wax Thornproof Dressing
The wax proof dressing is easy to apply and here is how:
- 1. You require a pan of hot water and a soft cloth or sponge
- 2. Choose a warm room or outside on a hot day
- 3. Stand the tin in hot water to soften dressing
- 4. Work the dressing well into the garment using the cloth or sponge
- 5. Pay attention to the seams, creases and dry patches
- 6. Rub in well, don't just paint on
- 7. Do not use excess dressing
- 8. For a 'factory' finish, blow evenly with a hair dryer
- 9. Hang the garment overnight in a warm place
Never use hot water, detergents, solvents or soap.
Do not dry clean or machine wash