Barbour Thornproof Wax Dressing
The Barbour thornproof wax dressing is suitable for all Barbour waxed cotton. This Barbour thronproof wax dressing is perfect for re-waxing your Barbour jacket ready for the winter weather.
Barbour thornproof wax dressing is an ideal way of making your Barbour coat last a lifetime. Regular re-proofing with Barbour Thornproof Dressing is essential to ensure you get a long wearing Barbour coat.
Coming in a 200ml Tin, the Barbour thornproof dressing will give complete coverage of one wax jacket.
It can also be used to strengthen worn areas, or can be used to re-proof a whole outdoor jacket.
The Barbour thornproof dressing is made using the same formula as used when making Barbour fabrics.
Keeping your Barbour wax jacket protected will help prolong the jacket and ensure that it has a long life.
The wax dressing can be used on parts of the coat of can be used to re-proof the entire coat.
We are a large stockist of Barbour Clothing, including their traditional Barbour Wax Jackets.
Applying Your Barbour Thornproof Dressing
The wax proof dressing is easy to apply and here is how:
- 1. You require a pan of hot water and a soft cloth or sponge
- 2. Choose a warm room or outside on a hot day
- 3. Stand the tin in hot water to soften dressing
- 4. Work the dressing well into the garment using the cloth or sponge
- 5. Pay attention to the seams, creases and dry patches
- 6. Rub in well, don't just paint on
- 7. Do not use excess dressing
- 8. For a 'factory' finish, blow evenly with a hair dryer
- 9. Hang the garment overnight in a warm place
Never use hot water, detergents, solvents or soap.
Do not dry clean or machine wash